News & Events
Join us for Sausalito Community Boating Center's annual Herring Festival fundraiser.
This year's online celebration is hosted by Emmy winning producer, entertainment reporter and film critic Jan Wahl, with Herring Stories told by Fisherman and Bay Area author Ernie Koepf, and of course live sea shanty music performed by our favorite local band, The Fishwives.
Demonstrations graciously provided by our great local Sausalito restaurant partners:
Fish Restaurant, known for their amazing sustainable seafood in the historic Marinship
Angelino Restaurant, rusitc southern italian cuisine with modern flair, warm hospitality, and breathtaking Bay views
Davey Jones Deli, awarded Best Vegetarian in Marin by Marin Magazine, Top 10 in Marin over 10 years by KQED Check Please, Small Business of the Year by the Sausalito Chamber of Commerce
Osteria DiVino, our own little Italy on Caledonia Street with top-notch jazzy music talent
and a mixology demonstration by Hanson Distillery of Sonoma, crafters of delicious artisan organic, grape-based, gluten-free vodkas (not to mention Wiskey and the best hand sanatizer in in town)
THE LATEST ON THE PROJECT
After a long stretch of attaining all the proper approvals and permits, we proudly broke ground on site in 2019! Site work has started, our abutment is poured and currently awaiting our high-tech ramp. We've been able to acheive this through your support and through a $175k grant awarded through the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (NFWF) dispursement of Cosco Busan funds! We are tremendously excited to activate our site and look forward to gathering your talents and our fleet to get more folks on the water starting this spring.
• Phase I plans completed – abutment, dock landing and ramp
• Phase I passed Design Review with the City of Sausalito Planning commission – unanimously – January 2017
• Aligned with Dunphy Park Master Plan and BCDC to support Phase I plans
• Building Permit ISSUED by City of Sausalito
• Eel Grass Survey completed and green lit
• BCDC permits ISSUED!
• We began construction this Winter 2019 with our contractor and crew of volunteers!
• Super eel-grass and boat friendly, ADA ramp is on the way!